| Simple Joys |

Ellie 5
Ellie 4Ellie 3Ellie 2Ellie 1


So this will be difficult to write about because it’s entirely ineffable; it’s too incredible. I’m covered in dirt and child spit, and I don’t think I’ve ever been happier. I remember before I came, I was afraid that the kids would think I was super bizarre and hate me. Luckily that fear disappeared the second I saw those kids. We all stood in a line, and the kids came and kissed our feet, repeating “good morning” in the cutest accents. This trip is another reminder of a child’s capacity to love. These kids are absolutely beautiful, even when they eat dirt…because that actually happens.


My team is thriving, they work so well with the kids, and we all have a couple of leeches. The two girls that follow me around are Tabu and Neha. They are the best type of clingy, I love them. They started calling me sister after one day, and when they did I thought I was going to melt. It made me sad to say goodbye to them, and I’m going to see them tomorrow. I’m going to just pretend that I get to stay here.


This experience so far has been rejuvenating, and it is worth all the fundraising and missing family dinners, which I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to stay. The food is great, my team is stellar (our leader, Tim too), the scenery is majestic, and the kids are…well, adorable. Adorable doesn’t do them justice, though. I wish I could explain it, but I can’t.



Long story short, I am in love with this place and the people, and life in general right now.
Ellie Fuller

Comments

Popular Posts