| "DOPE" -several adorable indian children |

Kaleb 1Mom! Dad! Friends! Neighbors! Bishop! Random Citizens! I am in India. It’s still just barely hitting me. It seems like it’s all been just a dream. We flew for about 27 hours total, and I sat by an American for about 2 of them. Also, old Indian men sitting behind you for 17 hours have no shame in pushing your head at any random time. And no matter how dazed you are it’s important to lock the bathroom door and not forget because Singaporian flight attendants make very high-pitched “EEEEEEEEEEEEEE”s when they walk in on you. #AmericanAndNoShame

Kaleb 5I’m sure you’ve heard from everyone…but……MY KIDS ARE SO DANG CUTE I’M STAYING HERE FOREVER AND MOM AND DAD IF YOU COULD SEND ME A CREDIT CARD AND A YEARS-WORTH SUPPLY OF CAFE RIO, MY LIFE WILL BE SET!! please and thank you. But seriously!! It’s only been two days with them and they are full of so much love it just inspires me. It makes me reflect a lot at night about my self.

Kaleb 4
One little kid, his name is Durve. We call him swerve Durve. haha. And Me, Ellie, and Sophia were with all the little kids in a separate room. And he wasn’t participating at all, just sitting by himself at the side. And so I went over and started talking to him and we’re practicing counting and body parts and when I started working just with him and gave him a big hug, he learned it faster than anyone else did. He was so smart. He just needed a push, that someone believed in him. The rest of the time he would only participate when he was holding my hand. He is probably 7. I think we connected so well I think because I saw a lot of myself in him.

Kaleb 3The more and more I spend time with him and everyone it makes me wonder what made me deserve to be in the situation I am. I’ve thought about it before, but actually being here, to be blessed with so much while these kids wear torn pants, tight shoes, dirty shirts, and are so used to the dirt always on their faces that it might as well be glued to their skins. Perspective, it can change the entire path your life is on.

Something I’ve learned is that words are the simplest form of love. I believe there is no limit to it. Every time I think I love someone as much as I can, I find that something happens and I just end of caring about them so much more. And it grows and grows! It’s like a living thing, it grows and matures and you feel it. Love changes you. Love is living.
Kaleb 2
YMAD has definitely without doubt been one of the greatest things I have ever been a part of. I love it, how unselfish it is, and how much love everyone in our group has just for each other. If you’re thinking about doing YMAD or not, I would STRONGLY suggest it! I have loved every second of it. I can’t imagine my life without it.

Me and Sam team-taught today and whenever we were in a transition period we just would say “Dope!!!!” and they started repeating it. If they learn one thing from me, and that was it, that would be fine.

The himalayans are amazing!! We’re like celebrities! The pictures don’t do it justice…Everything else really I want to say or share, words just don’t do justice either.

Love you all!!!
- Kaleb G. Loftus
P.S. Like my singapore air selfie? ;)
P.S.S. Becca…I got socks…lots of them…

Comments

Popular Posts