| Top 10 in India |

Ashleigh 2nd 1I’ve been thinking about the countless experiences we have had that I can blog about. I honestly don’t even know where to begin so I decided to give my top 10 favorite memories I have been making with my amazing YMAD friends.
Ashleigh 2nd 2
  1. Our culture exchange. Since all 4 village teams go to different schools every day it was awesome to go to each school and meet the kids we have told each other so much about. It was a surreal experience singing our songs to the kids.
  2. The mountains. The mountains in Jibhi are the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen. I don’t even know how to describe them, and even pictures can’t capture the true beauty.

    Ashleigh 2nd 3
  1. The simplicity of life in Jibhi. I think everyone in YMAD can agree that these past two weeks have been some of the happiest days of our lives. Living in such a simple and service oriented way is so refreshing and recalibrating.
  2. Easter Sunday. Easter day was very different than any other Easter I have celebrated, but probably my favorite and definitely the most memorable. We took an amazing hike to a sacred temple that was over 1000 years old and had a picnic and some amazing conversations.
  3. Laughing with good friends. This trip has given me 24 new best friends. We honestly feel like one big family, and there has not been one dull moment with our group.
  4. Our kids. The kids at our school are amazing. They are some of the sweetest (and a couple of them are the craziest) kids I have ever met. Leaving them was so hard, but teaching them has been so rewarding. In the end I think they have taught me more than I was able to teach them. They know how to give unconditional and genuine love  that is pure and unique. It is amazing how much you can learn to love someone in such a short amount of time, and so little said.
  5. Our leaders. Our leaders are some of the most amazing people I’ve ever met. They love us and we all know they would do anything for us. They have been so patient and protective of us, but they also know how to have a good time and connect with us.
  6. The Taj. It is beautiful! We has such a great time being there and
  7. The driving. The driving here is CRAZY, but I love it! It keeps things very exciting, thats for sure. Horns are used by the minute, and speed limits don’t seem to exist. Being 2 inches away from another car is anything but unusual.
  8. The culture. Traveling to such a remote location and really diving into the culture has been very eye opening and exciting. We have seen and learned so much, it is such a different way to travel and I love it!!
Ashleigh Davis

Comments

Popular Posts